20 Apr CEOs & SEO: Why It Matters
In our constantly evolving and sometimes all-consuming digital world, search engine optimization (SEO) can be a company’s lifeline. A great SEO strategy can be a game changer for visibility, brand awareness, increased consumer engagement and an overall better user experience.
But what do you do if your CEO doesn’t understand the relevance of SEO? Or doesn’t care?
The Undisputable benefits of SEO
Educate them – just tell them what they need to know.
A solid SEO strategy:
- 68% of online experiences begin with a search.
- Will help your consumers find images, videos and voices for a business
- Generates additional website traffic, leads, customers and sales growth – 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new company or product via search
- 46% of all Google searches are local searches. Optimizes messaging for locally-focused businesses –Without SEO, how does Google know you’re local? (They don’t.)
Here are some examples of the difference SEO can make:
These are traditional, unoptimized web headlines:
- Bayside Creamery Ice Cream
- The Secrets to Improving Your Business Outcomes
After SEO optimization:
- Bayside Creamery North East, MD – Local, Farm Fresh Ice Cream
- 4 Ways Business Owners Can Optimize Their Performance Today
For business owners and CEOs looking to solve a problem, SEO has the potential to serve as a valuable tool to help drive sales growth, increase brand recognition or generate leads. It can serve a more abstract purpose, too: marketing, innovative lead generation, sales and customer acquisition all benefit from robust SEO plans.
To get back on their feet in a post-COVID world, local businesses need all the support they can get to attract local customers (who are now more accustomed to life in the digital age than ever.) As potential customers and clients flood the digital space, your competition will be doing the same. Search engine optimization is one way you can stay ahead of the curve.
If you’re now asking yourself, “What is my SEO strategy?” or “Should we tweak our SEO strategy?” the answer is firmly yes – some simple but effective SEO changes are well worth the investment in both human and financial resources.
SEO. You know you need it. Let us do it for you. Contact GillespieHall today.
Lead Digital Strategist, GillespieHall. Content Writer & Manager. Social Marketer. Photo-Journalist.