15 Jan How We Helped Clients Survive and Thrive in 2020
No one needs reminding. 2020 was a toughie. GH had the added accountability of being responsible for a remarkable stable of clients and making sure their strategic communications stayed ahead – when we didn’t always know what was ahead. We adapted swiftly to rapid changes and continued to deliver ideas purposefully, using tools like PR, social media, SEO, video, podcasts and blogs. We connected with audiences emotionally and strategically, deepening brand relationships.
In 2021 you are going to need creative problem solvers, and we are standing by.
Our excellent results in 2020 include:
- Rapidly adapted to the pandemic and grew the bottom line: In 48 hours we created hyper-targeted social media messaging, digital advertising and publicity to convert the state’s largest medical dispensary from a brick-and-mortar environment to online ordering.
- Grew customer loyalty amidst anxiety and fear: We adapted micro-storytelling and messaging content to affirm, inspire and inform, growing our clients’ social media communities by an average of 60%.
- Listened: We executed six new client discovery projects, in spite of not being able to visit. We conducted ongoing research on shifting consumer perceptions, challenges, communication and decision-making behaviors. This informed all ongoing marketing strategies and helped us stay ahead.
- Solved problems: GH designed and implemented wayfinding strategies that kept our health retail client’s customers lining up safely and buying goods.
- Fostered recruitment: We saved our national clients thousands of dollars in recruitment fees by designing and strategically deploying targeted recruitment campaigns on social media platforms.
- Combined power + positioning: With the pandemic as a frame, we positioned our human service client as the leader in their industry by solving communication challenges and sharing the tactics.
- Rebranded: We designed and deployed a new visual brand identity for reputable plastic surgery practice in fewer than four weeks.
- Calibrated messaging: We created an entirely new messaging program – including core value proposition, website, sales materials, social media and downloadable content – for a successful scientific client to launch a dedicated sales and marketing initiative.
- Supported local business owners: We participated in virtual panels, sharing tactics to help businesses of all sizes communicate online, serve their public in new ways, and grow in the uncertain environment.
- Strengthened teams: At our clients’ request, we hosted a series of workshops to train their teams to use LinkedIn to grow professionally while virtual. We deployed new internal email campaigns to keep teams engaged and connected to the mission.
- Connected communities: GH wrote, designed and sent more than 85,000 email newsletters to keep audiences informed and in touch – tapping into the mood, sharing important service updates, telling uplifting stories and creating emotional connections.
- Grew business by more than 25%: Strong marketing, targeted messaging and community visibility contributed to a service industry client with four locations reporting record growth in 2020.
- Comforted the community: Our campaigns helped clinics, treatment centers and funeral homes educate their communities and answer their complex questions about health, support and grieving safely.
- Increased community involvement: Through messaging on social and traditional media, we increased statewide health and wellness program participation by 120% over the previous year.
- Earned awards: GH motivated and inspired clients by being recognized for five national awards for outstanding strategic and creative content for the work we executed on their brands.
The results say it all – our PR and communication tactics drive real change and deliver measurable outcomes. It’s why we do what we do: communication with purpose.